7-12 May in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2013 at 13:42:15 #805839

Hi there!

My parents and I are planning to visit Switzerland from the 7th to 12th of May before taking the train to Nice, France.

We will arrive in Geneva on the 7th before noon, and plan to leave for Nice on the 12th around noon.

Must visit place is Zermatt, and I’m thinking either 2 or 3 nights?

I think we want to have a relaxing and not too rushed trip, enjoy a lot of beautiful scenery/mountain, but also include some more city/cultural activities so it does not get too boring.

I would very much like some help with putting together a good itinerary!

Thank you in advance!!

Irene

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    9 March 2013 at 6:21:44 #838209

Welcome to the forum Irene! I think you can best stay a couple of nights in Zermatt, and spend the remaining part of your stay in Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux or another town along the northern shore of Lake Geneva, where you’ll find lots of cultural sights including the famous Chillon castle. You won’t get bored in Zermatt either because of the wonderful scenery. Do visit the Gornergrat for example. Here are some more viewing points and day trip ideas. A train and bus journey to the near Saas valley can be recommended too.

Will you be traveling by train? If so, the timetable will come in handy. Consider purchasing rail passes too, as they’ll save money compared to buying regular tickets. Which pass is best depends on your ultimate itinerary. This may get you started.

Hotels near railways stations can be found for:
    Geneva
    Geneva Airport
    Lausanne
    Zermatt
    other towns

• The thread ‘7-12 May in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.