7pm rule

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
tashi
tashi
2 posts
Mar 4, 2012 - 8:25 AM
Hi - I was wondering if the 7pm rule applies to swiss pass.
I am planning to travel from Milan to Montreux. The train leaves at 19:25, arriving montreux 22.23. If I use my swiss pass, does this count as full day or by 7pm rule, I can continue to use my pass the next day as well and still count it as day 1.

Tashi
Annika
Annika
5095 posts
expert &
Mar 5, 2012 - 12:16 PM
Hello tashi, and welcome! As far as I'm aware this rule doesn't apply to your trip. That's because the train you mention isn't really an overnight train, but just a regular one riding in the evening. Moreover, the rule goes for some European flexi passes only. A regular Swiss Pass with consecutive days of validity is something different. Validity days are measured in dates (from 0:00 to 0:00). Your Swiss Pass is valid from the first day you use it for free traveling (even if it's quite late) up to 05:00 am of the day following the last day of validity.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019