7pm rule

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2012 at 7:25:48 #804975

Hi – I was wondering if the 7pm rule applies to swiss pass.
    I am planning to travel from Milan to Montreux. The train leaves at 19:25, arriving montreux 22.23. If I use my swiss pass, does this count as full day or by 7pm rule, I can continue to use my pass the next day as well and still count it as day 1.

Tashi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    5 March 2012 at 12:16:24 #835054

Hello tashi, and welcome! As far as I’m aware this rule doesn’t apply to your trip. That’s because the train you mention isn’t really an overnight train, but just a regular one riding in the evening. Moreover, the rule goes for some European flexi passes only. A regular Swiss Pass with consecutive days of validity is something different. Validity days are measured in dates (from 0:00 to 0:00). Your Swiss Pass is valid from the first day you use it for free traveling (even if it’s quite late) up to 05:00 am of the day following the last day of validity.

• The thread ‘7pm rule’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.