8-day honeymoon in Switzerland by train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2014 at 7:44:38 #806609

Dear experts,

My husband and I will go to Europe for our honeymoon this Sep/ Oct. This is our first time visiting Switzerland and we are excited planning the trip! After reading the comments and suggestions in the forums, we’ve drafted the itinerary would like to seek your kind advice and comment!

Day 1 (stay in Geneva) – arrive Geneva from Paris by train inthe afternoon and walk around in the city

Day 2 (stay in Geneva) – Geneva lake using train pass, haven’tdecided the rest of the trip

Day 3 (stay in Wengen, Hotel Bären) – from Geneva to Wengenby train and walk around in Wengen

Day 4 (stay in Wengen) – Jungfraujoch by train using train pass (we have not much idea about the best route yet)

Day 5 (stay in Wengen) – day trip to Bern by train usingtrain pass

Day 6 (stay in Lucerne) – from Wengen to Lucerne by trainusing train pass and visit Lucerne

Day 7 (stay in Lucerne) – not yet decided, maybe a day tripto Murren? Or Mt. Rigi?

Day 8 – transfer to Zurich and depart at night by air

Is the itinerary too packed or should we do sth more? Sadly we will miss the glacier express, really look forward to experience Swiss by train 🙁

For the itinerary, should we buy the Swiss Pass or the SwissFlexi Pass?

Thanks a lot for your comments:D

Ivy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 August 2014 at 8:55:37 #840948

Hi Ivy, welcome to MySwissAlps,

You move around quite a bit, so a Swiss Saver Pass makes sense for your plans. See here for how it works, prices, discounts, what’s covered and more: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisspass

If you want to see Mürren you’d better visit it while you’re in Wengen. It’s just a across the valley. Doing it from Lucerne takes too much time. Mount Rigi is wonderful and free with a Swiss Pass. For more tips you can best visit our town or region pages, like this one for the Lake Lucerne region.

Hotel suggestions are on all town pages, and here for Zurich airport.

By the way, I moved your topic to the ‘Miscellaneous’ forum. The ‘Trip reports’ forum is for completed trips only, not if you’re in the planning stage. Feel free to post your report there once you are back home, that would be great!

Nauman
    Participant
    19 posts
    27 August 2014 at 13:21:37 #840949

Hi Ivy,

I just finalized my trip with the help of this forum.

http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/permalink/cf8-fqDW9mqS6v8AAFcRTQ

This link will give you bit more details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2014 at 7:11:34 #840950

Thanks a lots Aron and Nauman!

Your posts help me a lot!

I found the resources wonderful here, I can find what I need easily and I am going to book my Swiss Pass now 🙂

Thanks again!

• The thread ‘8-day honeymoon in Switzerland by train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.