What to see around Geneva with Swiss Travel Pass

• Bsphoto22
    Participant
    27 posts
    18 July 2019 at 19:37:31 #822925

Based in Geneva. Early morning riser. Best MUST SEE places to visit please. In Switzerland 8 Aug-14 Aug. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pvonk
    Participant
    385 posts
    Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    19 July 2019 at 6:50:05 #918152

Early morning riser?

How about an open air concert at the mythical Bains des Paquis, the downtown piblic beach on the lake? Every morning, from 6:00 to 7:00 am, something you won’t forget!

The program (in French) here.

jrecm
    Participant
    14 posts
    19 July 2019 at 20:36:52 #918153

Geneva.1..The Botanical Garden and Cafe for lunch 2. Ferry to French Yvoire (one of many highlights of our month trip 3. Bus to Annecy 4. Old town Geneva. We enjoyed our 5 nights in Geneva

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    22 July 2019 at 10:44:15 #918154

Getting back to my previous message (3rd in this thread), we went this morning to the Musical Dawn at Bains des Pâquis, on the lake in downtown Geneva. Every morning from 6 to 7 (this morning actually they played until 7:30). Every day a different program. This morning it was the band, Cissokho Brothers, traditional musicians from Senegal, and the crowd was quite large, considering the hour (I’ll attach a photo later today). I repeat my encouragement that you attend. To sit in front be on time or even 10 minutes early. The cafeteria opens at 6 if you need a coffee or breakfast.

Entrance free (courtesy of the Geneva taxpayer, isn’t that nice?). Vary laid-back. On Aug. 9, Matt Elliott (guitar/songs) is scheduled.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    22 July 2019 at 20:25:20 #918155

Here some photographs of the Aubes musicales /music dawn) at Bains des Pâquis in Geneva. For early birds!

• The thread ‘What to see around Geneva with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.