8 days trip in Swiss, which Pass should I buy?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
hkchan
hkchan
1 post
Mar 16, 2014 - 8:23 AM

Hi,

I am planning a 8 days trip with my wife to Swiss. Our itinerary as under:

1. Geneva > Montreux

2. Montreux --> Lavaux --> Zermatt --> Gornergrat --> Rotenboden --> walk to Riffelsee lake --> walk to Rotenboden

3. Zermatt --> klein Matterhorn--> Furi walk to Zermatt

4. Train from Zermatt --> Interlaken (via Visp, Spiez) --> Grindelwald -->Bort-->First then walk to Bachalpsee Lake, return to First ---> Bort walk to Grindelwald --> Back to Interlaken by train

5. Train from Interlaken --> Grindelwald --> Kleine Schedegg--> Jungfraujoch --> Kleine Schedegg --> Wengernalp --> Wengen --> Lauterbrunnen--> Interlaken.

6. Train from Interlaken --> Lauterbrunnen, take bus to Stechelberg, cable car to Murren. Murren walk to Gimmelwald, cable car to Stechelberg, walk to Trummelbachfalle, take bus to Lauterbrunnen,take train to Interlaken.

7. Train from Interlaken --> Frutigen, take bus to Blausee --> back to Interlaken --> Golden Pass Line to Luzern.

8. Train from Luzern --> Bellinzona --> Capolago Riva S. Vitale to Monte
Generaso --> Back to Luzern

9. Luzern --> Cruise to Viznao --> train to (Rigi) --> Viznao ---> Luzern. Take direct train to Mila

We are first time to Europe. Really hope that you can help to guide us.

Thanks a lot!

Annika
Annika
5006 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2014 - 9:31 AM

Hello hkchan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It seems that you have given much thought to your itinerary. It looks fine to me, although a few days are a bit full (e.g. day 2 and 4). An 8-day Swiss Saver Pass for day 2 to 9 would be ideal for your trip. On day 1 you can purchase single tickets for CHF 34 per person. For a detailed pass comparison, please follow these instructions.

Hotel suggestions for the various towns can be found here.

Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 12:53 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019