8 days trip in Swiss, which Pass should I buy?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2014 at 8:23:44 #806254

Hi,

I am planning a 8 days trip with my wife to Swiss. Our itinerary as under:

1. Geneva > Montreux

2. Montreux –> Lavaux –> Zermatt –> Gornergrat –> Rotenboden –> walk to Riffelsee lake –> walk to Rotenboden

3. Zermatt –> klein Matterhorn–> Furi walk to Zermatt

4. Train from Zermatt –> Interlaken (via Visp, Spiez) –> Grindelwald –>Bort–>First then walk to Bachalpsee Lake, return to First —> Bort walk to Grindelwald –> Back to Interlaken by train

5. Train from Interlaken –> Grindelwald –> Kleine Schedegg–> Jungfraujoch –> Kleine Schedegg –> Wengernalp –> Wengen –> Lauterbrunnen–> Interlaken.

6. Train from Interlaken –> Lauterbrunnen, take bus to Stechelberg, cable car to Murren. Murren walk to Gimmelwald, cable car to Stechelberg, walk to Trummelbachfalle, take bus to Lauterbrunnen,take train to Interlaken.

7. Train from Interlaken –> Frutigen, take bus to Blausee –> back to Interlaken –> Golden Pass Line to Luzern.

8. Train from Luzern –> Bellinzona –> Capolago Riva S. Vitale to Monte
    Generaso –> Back to Luzern

9. Luzern –> Cruise to Viznao –> train to (Rigi) –> Viznao —> Luzern. Take direct train to Mila

We are first time to Europe. Really hope that you can help to guide us.

Thanks a lot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 March 2014 at 9:31:16 #839582

Hello hkchan, welcome to MySwissAlps!

It seems that you have given much thought to your itinerary. It looks fine to me, although a few days are a bit full (e.g. day 2 and 4). An 8-day Swiss Saver Pass for day 2 to 9 would be ideal for your trip. On day 1 you can purchase single tickets for CHF 34 per person. For a detailed pass comparison, please follow these instructions.

Hotel suggestions for the various towns can be found here.

• The thread ‘8 days trip in Swiss, which Pass should I buy?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.