8 night accommodation at Lucerne or Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2018 at 15:38:04 #818753

Dear Friends

I am planning 8 night stay at Switzerland with family during April – May 2019.

Need guidance of Lucerne or Interlaken will be good to stay or I split 4 night at eFh of these locations

Want to cover the most in 8 days. We are good to travel 3-4 Hrs each side

Look forward to hear from you

Regards
    Jayesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 October 2018 at 15:50:45 #898167

Hi Jayesh, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Whether Lucerne or Interlaken are you best base towns depends on what you want to do and see in Switzerland. Both regions offer enough to keep you busy for weeks. Please see:

Let us know if you have further questions after going through these pages (be sure to check their “What to do” tabs).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2018 at 16:28:59 #898168

Thanks for your quick revert

I am really confused hence please guide me which is better place of the 2

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2018 at 16:54:21 #898169

Hi Tanna,

Based on the town itself, I would choose Lucerne- prettier.

I would first decide what you want to do and where you want to go each day and then find the town that works best for travel to those places.

You might find splitting 4 days at each best but it depends on what you are doing each day.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    21 October 2018 at 4:24:15 #898170

Hi Tanna,

You can’t possibly go wrong if you split 4 nights in each place. I spent 3 nights in Wengen, and 4 in Luzern, just last month (with a few stops in between) and couldn’t have been happier. I echo Arno in that you will find plenty to do and not enough time to do it. I did only a fraction of what I wanted to, but still had full days, and no regrets. Have a good trip.

Danielsan

• The thread ‘8 night accommodation at Lucerne or Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.