Jul 20, 2011 - 12:14 PM
Thank you very much for your response.
I have myself been doing some research over the past few days on this topic & am getting back with more queries ;-)
Based on your advice, we decided to go for a 8 day Swiss Pass and we would be only 2 persons (couple), not 3 as envisaged earlier.
Thanks in advance for your help/feedback, on my planning & some additional queries:
1. I have following the weather in Swtizerland recently & observed that rain is a spoilsport these days - which makes me worried about my trip. I am planning travel between 6th Aug & 14th Aug. I understand that weather is diffcult to predict but if you could suggest a trusted website, that would be of great help. I tried searching websites but they offfer advice only for the next 2 weeks (upto 2nd aug) and not beyond.
2. Tentaive itinerary as follows, feedback/comments solicited:
6th Aug, Day 1: Paris - Zurich (Day trip to Rhine falls/Basel), Overnight Basel - chose Zurich as the trainfare from Paris works out to be cheaper than Basel
7th Aug, Day 2: Travel to Lucerne (trip to Mt. Titlis, Engelberg), overnight Lucerne
8th Aug, Day 3: Day-trip to Mt. Pilatus (is it worth it?) or elswehere - need advice), overnight Lucerne
9th Aug, Day 4: Travel to Zermatt (Glacier Express + Matterhorn (possible in a day?), overnight Zermatt, also heard that it is more for skiing, is that true?
10th Aug, Day 5: Day trip to Mt Schilthorn/Jungfrau), overnight Interlaken
11th Aug, Day 6: T' falls in Lauterbrunen, overnight Interlaken
12th Aug, Day 7: Day trip to Jungfrau/Mt Schilthorn), overnight Interlaken
13th Aug, Day 8: Half day trip to Murren, etc - need suggestions), travel to Geneva
14th Aug, Day 9: Day sight seeing in Geneva, evening travel back to Paris.
3. We love boat/cable rides - which boat rides, cable rides & scenic trains can we include (pls consider that we will buy the swiss - saver pass)
4. Can you please recommend some good hotels/places to stay (less than 100 Euros/night) or alternative towns to stay. I checked both Interlaken & Lucerne are very expensive at this time of the year.
5. Adventure rides - any thoughts?
5. Some friends suggested not to include too many mountains as it can be a very tiring experience plus all of them almost look the same. And, they cautioned not to keep a mountain trip back to back. Thus, I kept day 6 for falls in between. Your insights are more than welcome.
Looking forward to your response before starting to swipe my credit card. Sorry for asking too many questions but I noted that you guys are eally helpful & this trip is 'the' trip for me - I really want to make the best out of it.