9 days itinerary for scenic express tours

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2016 at 16:08:29 #809227

hello,

I am arijit from kolkata, India.I am new to this forum. I have made an itinerary of 8 night 9 days to visit in Switzerland which is as follows:

• Day1: arrival at Zurich
    • Day2: Zurich-Lucerene via golden pass rail- interlaken
    • Day3: daytrip to Jungfraujoch
    • Day4: interlaken- Brig….via Glacier express to Chur/St. Mortiz
    • Day5: Chur/St. Mortiz ….via Bernia express to Lugano
    • Day6: Lugano to Lucerene…via Wilhelm Tell Express
    • Day7: day trip to Mt. Pilatus Golden Round Trip
    • Day8: Lucerene to Zurich and Rhine falls tour
    • Day9: Leave for India

Now let me know please

i) how far is this doable? [we are a couple with our 3 yr old child]

ii) if we book a swiss travel pass what else we have to book for travelling ?

iii) we prefer budget accommodations. Can there be any facility for making our child’s basic meal indian type?

iv) May i get any idea about approximate tour cost(including accommodation, meals, sight seeing) for a couple with 3 yr. old child a)in May-June /b) Sep-Oct 2017

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 May 2016 at 16:42:11 #852162

Hi Arijit, thanks for your first post here!

i) It is certainly doable. It is a lot of traveling though, and a lot of changing from one hotel to the other. That might be a challenge with a young child, but if you want to see all these scenic routes, this is the way to do it. You’ve connected them well and you will see a lot within a few days.

ii) You need seat reservations for the Glacier Express and Bernina Express. The Wilhelm Tell Express is an optional reservation. I would not buy it if you’re on a budget. Please see the links for details. You will get discounts on Jungfraujoch and Pilatus, but you don’t need to book in advance. The Rhine Fall boats are not discounted.

iii) Some of the cheaper hostels have a shared kitchen. Please see here to get started. Or, when your itinerary is final, post to the Accommodation forum if you can’t find anything.

iv) A very rough estimate is CHF 150 per adult per day for a basic vacation with not much luxury. This does not include the flight to/from Switzerland, but does include the travel pass, accommodation, food and excursions. The cost really vary from person to person. You’d better to the math yourself.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2016 at 17:38:43 #852163

Thank you very much for your kind response. I”ll get back to you again later on if you don’t mind . Thanks again.

• The thread ‘9 days itinerary for scenic express tours’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.