Co Travel Card validity area

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 3
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
24 posts
new member
Jun 12, 2018 - 6:20 PM


I have a 4-day BO regional pass and I was wondering if I could request a co-travelcard for the 13-year old when we travel outside of BO area? Also is it correct that co-travel card can only be requested at any train station including the train station in Grindelwald? By the way what’s the GA area in Switzerland? Thank you!

10496 posts
top member
Jun 13, 2018 - 5:39 AM in reply to chloeysl1234

Hi Chloeysl1234,

Yes, you can get a Children’s Co-travelcard from any rail station. The accompanying person and the child must be specified upon purchase and you must have ID presented to show the child's DOB.

The Co Childrens card has the same validity area as the Swiss Half Fare Card: https://www.myswissalp d/validity (with some mountain railways as an exception).

The GA area is the same as the validity area of the Swiss Travel Pass. See the map here: https://www.myswissalp validity

24 posts
new member
Jun 13, 2018 - 6:05 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas for the clarification!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© 2002-2019