Activities on Mt Titlis in Winter/Summer

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2019 at 8:10:06 #820845

Hi All,

I was going through the activities of Mt Titlis and I must admit I am confused reading on their website.

Our planned date to visit Titlis is 21st April ( Weather supporting).

Now,

Titlis website has 2 schedules, one each for Winter and Summer however I couldn’t locate a clear demarcation of Winter and Summer. Is there one date when Summer activities are started ?

The reason I am getting into these details are,

My understanding is that, to enjoy the snow fun ( say sledge and snow tubing etc), I need to take the IceFlyer Chair lift upto the glacier park.

In winter, the snow park is at TRÜBSEE and is listed as free on the website brochure hence I am wondering why should I buy the ticket for IceFlyer if I travel on 21st April ?

So the question is

Why does one take the Ice Flyer chairlift ? What does it take me to ? Is it the view only or there is more which I am missing ?

Thanks

R

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2019 at 8:44:30 #908750

Hello Rohan,

As you correctly say, the snow tubing activity in winter is located on the Trübsee level and in summer on the top on Mount Titlis, because it’s the only place where there’s snow. When it’s on the top of the mountain, the only way to get there is by taking the Ice Flyer chair lift, which in the summer months is “just” the experience of the chair lift itself which passes over the glacier on the mountain in a 10 minute round trip (quite thrilling if you’ve never ridden one!)

As for your personal trip, you would have to ask upon arrival where the Snow tubing is currently located, as this is different each year.

I was last on Mount Titlis a week ago and the snow tubing was still on Trübsee, but as said, check upon arrival.

Hope this answers your question.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2019 at 9:03:52 #908751

That answers my question. Thanks Steph.

• The thread ‘Activities on Mt Titlis in Winter/Summer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.