Adventure Pack at First, Grindlewald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 January 2017 at 5:22:05 #810504

Hi. I will be travelling with my family to Grindlewald on 18 or 19 April 2017.

Would the chairlift up to First be running for non-skiers then?

Will the zipline and bikes to return down the mountain be open that week?

Are children aged 12 allowed to ride the zipline and bikes?

Thanks for your help. BronJen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 January 2017 at 21:19:06 #857707

Hi BronJen,

Thanks for posting on MySwissAlps! The gondolas (there’s no chairlift) and zipline will start running for the summer season on May 6, so you’re out of luck I’m afraid. The trains from Grindelwald to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch operate al year round.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 January 2017 at 2:25:53 #857708

Thanks for your advice. We are a bit disappointed but anywhere in the alps will be beautiful and a great experience as we are from Australia and have not seen really big mountains before.

Arno
    15484 posts
    3 January 2017 at 9:13:39 #857709

Hi BronJen,

I understand. You’ve picked low season for your visit, which does indeed come with some limitations. But there will be plenty of wonderful places left to visit. The Alps are beautiful all year round. Please see the “What to do” section in the main menu, or the Jungfrau region page. Do check the timetable for any transportation you need.

• The thread ‘Adventure Pack at First, Grindlewald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.