Sep 9, 2012 - 11:23 AM
Appreciate your advice and review. My itinerary is as followed (22 Oct to 3 Nov)
Day 1 - Arrive in Zurich, train to Lucern. Explore Lucern attractions
Day 2 - Golden Round trip to Mt Pilatus
Day 3 - Golden pass train to Interlaken
Day 4 - Day trip to Jungfrau (Good Afternoon Ticket)
Day 5 - Day trip to Zermatt / Matterhorn
Day 6 - Golden pass train to Lausanne
Day 7 - Day trips to Montreux and Geneva
Day 8-11 - Paris
Day 12 - Return to Zurich, stopover for lunch at Basel
Day 13 - Zurich Rhine Waterfalls / sights
Day 14 - Explore Zurich for morning/afternoon. Evening flight.
I will be getting one Swiss Pass for Day 3-6 and one Swiss Flex Pass for Day 1, 7, 13 and 14 (have 4 people in my group, so will be taking Swiss Pass promotion). Questions/doubts/advice
1) Day 1 - is it possible to squeeze in Mt Rigis and spread out the visiting of Lucern attractions in Day 2 and 3?
2) I'm torn between taking a route via Bern to Lausanne and the Golden Pass route. Is it possible to visit Bern enroute to Interlaken? If I take the Golden Pass route, I will like to consider stop over at Montreux for few hours.
3) As I'm considering Good Afternoon ticket for Jungfrau, do you have any recommendations around the area before I board the train at Kleine?
4) I will actually prefer to go to Rhine Waterfalls on my last day before taking flight home so that i can still enjoy the Swiss Pass benefits till the last day. Is half a day sufficient?
5) As the period I'm going will be the low season, is it really necessary to reserve tickets where required? Can I board the train if I have no reservation?
Any comments on my itinerary are also appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to review and reply my questions.