Sep 10, 2012 - 2:46 AM
1) You can go up the Rigi in the morning of day 3.
2) I would recommend the Golden Pass route for the best scenery. But you can make a side trip from Spiez to Bern and back and then pick up the Golden Pass again.
3) You don't need the Good Afternoon Ticket for the Jungfrau. Just use you pass for a better discount. And you won't be limited to certain times too.
4) Yes, half a day should be sufficient if you leave early.
5) You don't have to reserve seats anywhere except for international trains (e.g. to Paris) and some scenic trains. Here's
Please be sure to check the timetables of mountain transport before you go there. You're traveling in a season where maintenance is being performed frequently. Cable cars may be out of service for that reason, or just because it's low season. The cable car up the Pilatus will be closed from October 22 to November 9. The funicular will still run, unless the weather makes it impossible.
In Zermatt, I would recommend to take the Gornergrat railway for a magnificent view on the Matterhorn.
Your Swiss Passes can be purchased here
(assuming you're from Singapore), and use can use these promo codes
for an additional discount.
I'm sure this will be a great trip! I hope you'll come back here afterwards with a short trip report. That would be interesting for other travelers.
Last modified on Nov 17, 2014 - 4:14 PM by Arno