Advice required on Switzerland Trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2011 at 10:59:22 #804809

Hi,

i am planning to visit paris and Switzerland in the second week of Feb 2012 and my stay in Swiss would be 3N/4D.I have a rough itenary planned.Plz provide your inputs on modifications that can be done to make the trip more enjoyable and worthy.

day 1–arive in Basel in the evening and proceed to lucerne.
    day 2– proceed to Jungfraujoch and back to lucerne
    day 3– Visit Titlis and back to lucerne.
    day 4– proceed to Zurich and do a local sightseeing and fly back in the evening to London.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7125 posts
    23 December 2011 at 12:10:00 #834571

Hi naveen! That looks like a fine itinerary for a 4 day stay. I think it’s wise to choose one base (Lucerne) and make some day trips from there. You may want to add a boat trip on the lake and local sightseeing in Lucerne to day 3, and plan some bad weather alternatives for day 2 and 3 (consider the Traffic Museum and Glacier Garden in Lucerne for example). Instead of the Titlis, you may also want to visit the Pilatus, which is very close to Lucerne and doesn’t require that much traveling time.

The Swiss timetable will further help you plan your trips.

Does that get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2011 at 12:47:51 #834572

Hi Annika,
    that definetly got me started 🙂 what exactly is the difference between titlis and pilatus.i heard titlis is better than pilatus in terms of the views.plz help me on this.
    regarding the boat trip, is it like a cruise or a trip to other city in Swiss.
    Rgds
    Naveen N

Annika
    7125 posts
    27 December 2011 at 5:45:08 #834573

Hi Naveen. Whether Titlis or Pilatus is ‘better’, is a matter of personal preference. Personally, I like the views from both moutains. I suggest that you browse the internet for pictures to get an idea of the views up there. You can make several short cruises (from half an hour up to several hours) on lake Lucerne. More information is available here.

• The thread ‘Advice required on Switzerland Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.