Airport transfer options for Zurich to Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2018 at 19:10:42 #818630

We are leaving for Switzerland soon. We are flying into Zurich Airport but we are staying in Lucerne. Can anyone tell me what transportation I can take to Lucerne. Is there a train I can take in the airport? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    8 October 2018 at 19:32:39 #897617

Yes. If you look at the SBB Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) you will find that some departures travel direct from Zurich Flughafen (Airport) to Luzern and some involve a change of trains at Zurich HB (main downtown station).

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    8 October 2018 at 21:01:11 #897618

<<“Is there a train I can take in the airport?”>>

Two per hour, as rockoyster noted. The train station is right at the airport. Across the street and down a few levels. The top floor of that building is a food court. Useful for coffee if you need to deal with lack of sleep.

One is direct at xx47. The one at xx18 requires a transfer at Zürich main station. If you miss the transfer, have a coffee or tea and catch the next one in 30 minutes or less. Good signage at the stations, but sometimes that connection is a little bit tight.

Free luggage carts at the airport. They ride the escalators; watch your luggage as the cart tilts to go up or down an escalator. Don’t overload or luggage on top might fall off.

At the main station, the carts are sort of free. You need a 2 CHF coin to free them from a chained-together queue. When you are done, plug them into another queue and yo r coin pops back out. Sometimes requires a little wiggling. 😉

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 October 2018 at 22:12:05 #897619

This helps so much. Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 October 2018 at 7:40:42 #897620

Hi Mo,4spice,

You may find the details on our Zurich airport page useful as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/zurich

• The thread ‘Airport transfer options for Zurich to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.