Transport to Aletsch glacier in early winter

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2016 at 7:32:00 #808278

Hi,

I need help with this. My friend and i plan to visit the aletsch glacier one of these days between 29th nov to 6th dec from zurich and after visiting the glacier, we will proceed to zermatt on the same day all using a 1 day 9 o’clock pass with a HFC.

I have difficulty finding exact info if there will be cable car or any other transport service from bettmeralp up to bettmerhorn to view the aletsch glacier. I did a search using the name bettmergrat. Is bettmergrat the station to view aletsch glacier? It seems that from my search, there will be service Called gondola lift from bettmeralp bab to bettmergrat on 4th dec onwards. Is that the route we are looking for in order to view aletsch glacier? Pls see attached timetable i generated from zurich to bettmergrat. Thank you very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 January 2016 at 8:14:32 #847711

Hi ocolocorch,

You already found the answer. The only difficulty is the name of the place: the cable car station is called Bettmergrat, which is a ridge near the actual mountain Bettmerhorn. All the details are on myswissalps.com/bettme rhorn, including the name issue (click to “Route”).

You’re good to go!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2016 at 8:18:44 #847712

Thank you so much! Glad to know that what we found is correct.

• The thread ‘Transport to Aletsch glacier in early winter’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.