Andermatt to Chur following the Glacier Express

Andermatt to Chur following the Glacier Express

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Deni61
Deni61
35 posts
Feb 11, 2018 - 11:21 PM

Hi we want to take the ferry from Lucerne to Fluelen then take the train to Andermatt and then to Chur. We want to get the local train that follows the same route as the Glacier Express. Does the local train normally follow this route anyway or would I have to book it as different legs and, if so, what would be the places I would book from. We are taking the Bernina Express from Chur on the 23rd June. I have booked a night's accommodation in Chur on the 22nd June so we would be leving Lucerne on the 22nd.

If you could please send me the link of the train I need to take, or any help that would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks! Denise

rockoyster
rockoyster
3694 posts
expert
Feb 12, 2018 - 2:08 AM in reply to Deni61

Hi Denise,

From Flüelen you need to get to Göschenen then change to Andermatt then change to Chur.

I think from an earlier thread you are already familiar with the Swiss Railway Timetable.

Not sure if you got a Swiss Travel Pass but if you did then no tickets or bookings are required for this trip.

Last modified on Feb 12, 2018 - 8:46 AM by Chantal
Deni61
Deni61
35 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 2:18 AM in reply to rockoyster

Hi Rockoyster, thanks for the reply. Does the train then go through Disentis/Muster? Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
3694 posts
expert
Feb 12, 2018 - 2:23 AM in reply to Deni61

Yes that's correct.

Deni61
Deni61
35 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 2:24 AM

Great, thank you!!

Deni61
Deni61
35 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 3:16 AM in reply to Deni61

Do we go back to Zurich when we do this train trip? Thanks

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 12, 2018 - 8:58 AM in reply to Deni61

Hi Denise,

Do you mean after your trip with the Bernina Express? You will end that trip probably in Tirano or Lugano. From there you can go back to Zurich, but you probably can't do it on the same day (check the timetable).

Deni61
Deni61
35 posts
Feb 12, 2018 - 10:22 PM in reply to Chantal

Hi Chantal, no I meant when I go from Andermatt to Chur does the train go via Zurich. I don't think it does though. :)

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Feb 13, 2018 - 8:43 AM in reply to Deni61

Fortunately it doesn't. That would be a long trip.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018