Any suggestions for a 4 day trip to swiss in Feb?

Any suggestions for a 4 day trip to swiss in Feb?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
rpraharaj
rpraharaj
1 post
Feb 1, 2017 - 8:39 PM

Hello There,

I am reaching Geneva on 24th Feb at 11.30 am and have flight back to UK from Basel on 27th Feb at 17.30.

Can you please suggest me any good swiss scenic tour plan? I am planning to take 4 day swiss pass as well.

my point of interests are

Geneva lake( I am planning to cover this on 24th Feb as I will be there)

Jungfrau

Zermatt

Interlaken

Lucerne

any other suggestion?

I haven't booked for accommodation yet so I need suggestions -where should I make a base?

Snowman
Snowman
128 posts
Feb 1, 2017 - 8:56 PM in reply to rpraharaj

Hi Rprharaj,

There are high mountain ranges in Switzerland, so even if the country is small, travelling from A to B may take a lot of time if A and B are separated by high mountains. Especially in February when the road passes are closed. Anyway, the following is possible (all by train, you can find out about timetables and fares on this site)

Day 1: Geneva to Grindelwald (via Montreux and Interlaken). Don't stay in Interlaken, go either to Grindelwald or Wengen.

Day 2: Grindelwald (or Wengen) - Jungfraujoch - Lucerne (via Interlaken and the Bruenig pass railway line).

Day 3: Lucerne - Göschenen - Andermatt - Visp - Zermatt

Day 4: Zermatt - Basel (via Visp and Bern).

While this is feasible (check maps and timetable), it looks like a railroad marathon to me. At the end of February, both the Jungfraujoch and Zermatt can be either sun-and-blue-sky, or deep in the fog. If I were you, I would skip Zermatt (too distant from the other places), and decide at the last moment if I go to the Jungfraujoch or not depending on the weather (reservations are not required if you are alone or a very small group).

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018