Any suggestions for a 4 day trip to swiss in Feb?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2017 at 20:39:32 #810710

Hello There,

I am reaching Geneva on 24th Feb at 11.30 am and have flight back to UK from Basel on 27th Feb at 17.30.

Can you please suggest me any good swiss scenic tour plan? I am planning to take 4 day swiss pass as well.

my point of interests are

Geneva lake( I am planning to cover this on 24th Feb as I will be there)

Jungfrau

Zermatt

Interlaken

Lucerne

any other suggestion?

I haven’t booked for accommodation yet so I need suggestions -where should I make a base?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    1 February 2017 at 20:56:33 #858626

Hi Rprharaj,

There are high mountain ranges in Switzerland, so even if the country is small, travelling from A to B may take a lot of time if A and B are separated by high mountains. Especially in February when the road passes are closed. Anyway, the following is possible (all by train, you can find out about timetables and fares on this site)

Day 1: Geneva to Grindelwald (via Montreux and Interlaken). Don’t stay in Interlaken, go either to Grindelwald or Wengen.

Day 2: Grindelwald (or Wengen) – JungfraujochLucerne (via Interlaken and the Bruenig pass railway line).

Day 3: Lucerne – Göschenen – Andermatt – Visp – Zermatt

Day 4: Zermatt – Basel (via Visp and Bern).

While this is feasible (check maps and timetable), it looks like a railroad marathon to me. At the end of February, both the Jungfraujoch and Zermatt can be either sun-and-blue-sky, or deep in the fog. If I were you, I would skip Zermatt (too distant from the other places), and decide at the last moment if I go to the Jungfraujoch or not depending on the weather (reservations are not required if you are alone or a very small group).

• The thread ‘Any suggestions for a 4 day trip to swiss in Feb?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.