Leggings ok in Switzerland for everyday use?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Grammy
Grammy
9 posts
Jun 24, 2019 - 9:31 PM

In my town it is common to wear leggings or capri type "yoga" pants with basic tops anywhere during the day (shopping, running errands, lunch). Since they pack so easily and don't wrinkle would they be appropriate (neutral or black) for Luzern, Interlake,Montreux? Also does it matter if the stp 15 day is used at the end of one month and then beginning the next. Ex. from Aug 24 - Sept. 3. Many thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
6724 posts
expert
Jun 24, 2019 - 10:47 PM in reply to Grammy

Hi Grammy and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Sorry can’t help with the dress code question but the STP continuous runs from the day you nominate it to start for the number of days you select (15 in your case). Crossing month boundaries doesn’t matter.

Grammy
Grammy
9 posts
Jun 24, 2019 - 11:00 PM

Thanks. I was concerned it only worked for one month and thenexpired even with unused days.

Steph
Steph
1521 posts
top member &
Jun 25, 2019 - 4:30 AM in reply to Grammy

Hello Grammy,

Nice to hear you're coming to Switzerland.

Regarding the dress-code, simple leggings with a nice top is also a common way of dressing here in Switzerland and you won't be regarded as "strange" in the slightest if you're dressed like that. This might of course not be the case for some high-class restaurants, they might have a dress-code, which won't allow you in, but in everyday life you'll be fine, comfortable and unobtrusive.

Regarding the Swiss Travel Pass, Rockoyster has already answered your question. Find detailed input and information in below link:
- www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

Hope this helps.

Best,
Steph

Grammy
Grammy
9 posts
Jun 25, 2019 - 5:43 AM in reply to Steph

Thanks so much. This makes packing easier.

paddington
paddington
272 posts
top member
Jun 26, 2019 - 6:05 AM

Just remember that no matter how hot it is in Interlaken etc at the top of the mountains it is cold. Don’t go up there in leggings and a thin jumper and waste your money shivering for the day like so many do.

Grammy
Grammy
9 posts
Jun 27, 2019 - 6:33 AM in reply to paddington

Right. Thanks. I HATE to be cold so I will definitely take care.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019