Leggings ok in Switzerland for everyday use?

• Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    24 June 2019 at 21:31:32 #822461

In my town it is common to wear leggings or capri type “yoga” pants with basic tops anywhere during the day (shopping, running errands, lunch). Since they pack so easily and don’t wrinkle would they be appropriate (neutral or black) for Luzern, Interlake,Montreux? Also does it matter if the stp 15 day is used at the end of one month and then beginning the next. Ex. from Aug 24 – Sept. 3. Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 June 2019 at 22:47:58 #916014

Hi Grammy and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Sorry can’t help with the dress code question but the STP continuous runs from the day you nominate it to start for the number of days you select (15 in your case). Crossing month boundaries doesn’t matter.

Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    24 June 2019 at 23:00:38 #916015

Thanks. I was concerned it only worked for one month and thenexpired even with unused days.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2019 at 4:30:13 #916016

Hello Grammy,

Nice to hear you’re coming to Switzerland.

Regarding the dress-code, simple leggings with a nice top is also a common way of dressing here in Switzerland and you won’t be regarded as “strange” in the slightest if you’re dressed like that. This might of course not be the case for some high-class restaurants, they might have a dress-code, which won’t allow you in, but in everyday life you’ll be fine, comfortable and unobtrusive.

Regarding the Swiss Travel Pass, Rockoyster has already answered your question. Find detailed input and information in below link:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Steph

Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    25 June 2019 at 5:43:16 #916017

Thanks so much. This makes packing easier.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:05:18 #916018

Just remember that no matter how hot it is in Interlaken etc at the top of the mountains it is cold. Don’t go up there in leggings and a thin jumper and waste your money shivering for the day like so many do.

Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    27 June 2019 at 6:33:23 #916019

Right. Thanks. I HATE to be cold so I will definitely take care.

• The thread ‘Leggings ok in Switzerland for everyday use?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.