April 21-27, birthday trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2016 at 11:52:46 #808616

Hi, I’m traveling to Switzerland on April 21 and I’m staying 6 nights in different locations, but I have no specific plan yet. I have to stay my first two nights in Geneva area, but then I have 4 nights to spend wherever I like. I know some hotels are closed during that period. I’m traveling solo and this is my second visit to Switzerland.

I really wish to spend one of those nights in some special hotel in Swiss Alps to celebrate my 40th birthday. I wish the hotel to be easily reachable by train/bus, it could be outside of a town but it should be less than about 4 km / 1 hour walk from the nearest station.

Usually I’m a budget traveller, but this time I wish to find a place with a hint of luxury as I want to spoil myself: spectacular views, great breakfast, maybe a room with balcony and/or bath and maybe even sauna and/or pool in a hotel, but otherwise I don’t need 5 star hotel services and I’m not ready to pay more than 300 € per night maximum.

For other 5 nights I’m planning to spend at least one night in some silent place in a small hotel / cottage. I also wish to experience a bit different kinds of accommodations.

I would be so grateful if someone has been in a hotel that matches either of my wishes and could give me some recommendations.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 March 2016 at 12:47:54 #849402

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your plan sounds wonderful, definitely something to look forward for! I was just wondering, have you had a look at http://www.myswissalps.com/ hotels/ mountaintops and do any of these hotels match your criteria?

• The thread ‘April 21-27, birthday trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.