Thank you so much for you response! I had initially been looking at starting at Chur, but only looked at Bernina Express at the time, which left way too early for me to be able to make it from Innsbruck. I can see now that Glacier Express offers a much more reasonable time!
Just to confirm, Day 1, I would:
- Depart INNSBRUCK at 0745, on the RJ Zürich HB.
- Change at BUCHS at 1015, and get on to the RE Chur.
- Change at CHUR at 1126, and get on the GE to Zermatt.
- Arrive at ZERMATT at 1710, and sleep :)
- Depart ZERMATT at 0852, on the GEX Disentis/Mustér
- Change at BRIG at 1020, on the EC Genève
- Change at MONTREUX at 1144, on the Golden Pass Line
Will it be the same the same train all the way up to LUCERNE? Or will i need to transfer a few more times?
Also, is there a town you'd recommend stopping to spend time at? Maybe walk to a lookout, or grab some food? (Zweisimmen, Interlaken or Luzern etc)
Looking at it written like that...There are a lot of trains and transfers involved! Should I be buying point-to-point, or look at one of the train passes?
Thanks again - Really appreciate the site and your help!