Looking for 3 star budget hotel in/near Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2019 at 21:03:34 #822779

Hi. Thinking about going to Bernese Oberland with my husband and 14 year old son next summer. Long time since been and I was only 12 so I didn’t sort out hotel!

going to fly into Zurich and take the train to Interlaken

need some help with hotels. We like a good standard but probably 3 star would do in Switzerland ?

budget, as son will be an adult class I think, is for 7 nights no more than approx £1500 for bed breakfast and evening meal. Would like option to have a hotel packed lunch.

Would be visiting places by public transport such as Brienz, etc etc.

Many recommendations? I’ve been googling but always seems to take me to a booking site and wants dates when I just want a browse for now

maybe not staying in Interlaken itself if too pricey but where else would one pick? Want to be able to walk into Interlaken to pick up transport links for days out

thanks

heidi (not German nor Swiss!)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    11 July 2019 at 11:01:49 #917489

We have stayed at Bausite Park Hotel in Wengen. It is very nice and food is very good. Highly rated on TripAdviser

Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 11:54:17 #917490

Thanks Mark. Is it fairly simple to get from Interlaken Ost station to Wengen?

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    11 July 2019 at 16:25:04 #917491

Yes by train, Wengen is very convenient to get to Interlaken, Grindelwald, Kleine Scheidegg, and Lauterbrunnen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 16:36:19 #917492

Am thinking instead of Interlaken itself and just bed and breakfast. Any recommendations ?

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    11 July 2019 at 17:01:54 #917493

Hi Heidi,

We stayed in the Silberhorn in Wengen in June. It is beside the train station and so very convenient for visiting other towns and villages in the Bernese Oberland. We have also stayed at various places around the area over the years, including Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and Wilderswil, but think that you cannot beat Wengen for stunning views and convenience.

If I am planning a holiday I put hypothetical dates in the booking websites as I then get an idea of the prices.

Good luck with your planning.

Jane

Annika
    7124 posts
    11 July 2019 at 18:03:28 #917494

Hello Heidi!

Apart from the tips provided by Mark and JaneEB, you may want to check the hotels in the Jungfrau region we recommend at http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion/hotels. You can select accommodation types, proximity to railway stations and rating. I hope you’re able to find something that suits your needs!

DanW
    Participant
    4 posts
    11 July 2019 at 21:25:48 #917495

While not up in the mountains, we stayed at the Alpenrose Hotel and Gardens in Wilderswil in May. We loved it. Very convenient to the train station, and easy to get to all points in the region from there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 July 2019 at 21:39:33 #917496

Thanks for all the help so far

thinking Interlaken area so will look at the Wilderswil one

anyone stayed at the Jungfrau hotel or Alpenblick?

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 July 2019 at 5:37:01 #917497

Hi Heidi,

I haven’t stayed there but I know the area and ate at the Jungfrau once. Location wise they are both pretty good: a few minutes on foot from the train station. Especially the Jungfrau is very nearby. And the Jungfrau offers the better views at … the Jungfrau.

• The thread ‘Looking for 3 star budget hotel in/near Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.