Bad experience with pickpockets in Interlaken

• Sunnieandles
    Participant
    23 posts
    6 November 2019 at 10:10:37 #824392

Hello,

My daughter and I were on our way back to Zurich from a five day trip in Interlaken and while on Interlaken Ost train station, two girls pretended to ask us for the train to Spiez. These two girls were young (maybe in their early 20s) and good looking, dressed really well so for me, did not look suspicious at all. My daughter realized that one of the girls was too close to her face and started feeling her up where her fanny pack was. We told them to move and leave right away and my daughter also said we were going to call the police. Thankfully, nothing was taken from us. Be on alert everyone! Even though there are a lot of honor system going on in Switzerland (I.e, unlocked bikes everywhere) – the thieves are still around tourists especially around train stations. Make sure to always keep an eye on your valuables. The locals are sweet and patient with us tourists but unfortunately, bad guys exists everywhere. Don’t let this stop you from visiting this beautiful country- every day of our eight day trip have been amazing! There are so many beautiful mountains and villages- just be careful every where you travel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 November 2019 at 12:33:43 #924762

Hi Sunnieandles,

thanks, for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear what happened to you in Interlaken. Switzerland is usually a very safe country, but as everywhere, things can still happen unfortunately. It is good that she noticed it and it didn’t get any worse. I hope you still enjoyed your visit and you’ve arrived home with beautiful memories of your Swiss holiday. If you would like to share more experiences, please feel free to do that in the trip report part of the forum at http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports. Thanks! 🙂

• The thread ‘Bad experience with pickpockets in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.