Basel Airport to Interlaken by train

Basel Airport to Interlaken by train

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
halfblood
halfblood
6 posts
Sep 24, 2017 - 8:05 PM

Hello there,

I am a bit confused. I was planning to go to Interlaken from Basel Euro airoport. But I just checked my flight details and it is showing Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg(Check-in Swiss Sector) as destination. Are they same ?

This was my planning before this discovery. Can you please let me know what changes now. :(

BASEL EURO AIRPORT TO INTERLAKEN Wst - In every half an hour, takes 2h23 min

Breakdown:

1st - From Basel Euroairport to Basel, Bahnhof SBB

2nd- 6 min walk towards Basel SBB

3rd - from Basel SBB to Interlaken Wst, (runs every half hour and takes 1h 58 min to reach Wst).

Thanks & Regards

Last modified on Sep 25, 2017 - 9:49 AM by Sue
rockoyster
rockoyster
3726 posts
expert
Sep 25, 2017 - 5:29 AM in reply to halfblood

You wrote "I was planning to go to Interlaken from Basel Euro airoport. But I just checked my flight details and it is showing Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg(Check-in Swiss Sector) as destination. Are they same ?"

Yes - www.euroairport.com/en / The SBB timetable www.myswissalps.com/ti metable will confirm timings. Some connections include a change at Spiez.

Sue
Sue
14 posts
Sep 25, 2017 - 9:57 AM

Hello

I can add a tip too...

When you arrive at the airport, make sure you use the baggage reclaim exit leading to Switzerland and not France. They are side by side, but for all things Swiss you need to be in the correct zone. There are SBB ticket machines as soon as you go through after customs and another at the bus stop directly outside the terminal. Enjoy this lovely journey!

halfblood
halfblood
6 posts
Sep 25, 2017 - 10:43 AM

Thank you rockoyster for the Euro Airport link. It helped !! :)

Thank you Sue for clarification. Will keep in mind . :)

This is best forum I used to plan any trip and you guys are wonderful. thanks.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018