Basel Airport to Interlaken by train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2017 at 20:05:29 #813351

Hello there,

I am a bit confused. I was planning to go to Interlaken from Basel Euro airoport. But I just checked my flight details and it is showing Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg(Check-in Swiss Sector) as destination. Are they same ?

This was my planning before this discovery. Can you please let me know what changes now. 🙁

BASEL EURO AIRPORT TO INTERLAKEN Wst – In every half an hour, takes 2h23 min

Breakdown:

1st – From Basel Euroairport to Basel, Bahnhof SBB

2nd- 6 min walk towards Basel SBB

3rd – from Basel SBB to Interlaken Wst, (runs every half hour and takes 1h 58 min to reach Wst).

Thanks & Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 September 2017 at 5:29:55 #870168

You wrote “I was planning to go to Interlaken from Basel Euro airoport. But I just checked my flight details and it is showing Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg(Check-in Swiss Sector) as destination. Are they same ?”

Yes – http://www.euroairport.com/en / The SBB timetable http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable will confirm timings. Some connections include a change at Spiez.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2017 at 9:57:15 #870169

Hello

I can add a tip too…

When you arrive at the airport, make sure you use the baggage reclaim exit leading to Switzerland and not France. They are side by side, but for all things Swiss you need to be in the correct zone. There are SBB ticket machines as soon as you go through after customs and another at the bus stop directly outside the terminal. Enjoy this lovely journey!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2017 at 10:43:08 #870170

Thank you rockoyster for the Euro Airport link. It helped !! 🙂

Thank you Sue for clarification. Will keep in mind . 🙂

This is best forum I used to plan any trip and you guys are wonderful. thanks.

• The thread ‘Basel Airport to Interlaken by train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.