Printing e-tickets from Basel SBB to Colmar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Xmistral99
    Participant
    45 posts
    12 October 2019 at 6:20:37 #922743

Hi rockoyster!I find this thread extremely helpful and relevant as we also plan to do a similar trip to Colmar from Basel and visit the beautiful village of Eguisheim.

Your information helped me clarify many doubts except one:If I buy a ticket online from OUI.sncf and got it printed, in case I miss the particular train for which I bought it,can I use it on the next train?Or is there an option which allows me not to select a particular train but the particular journey?

Thanks!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 October 2019 at 18:43:28 #922744

I wish I could answer that question but sadly I am unable.

I do know that if you buy a ticket from a counter or a machine it is valid for any train within a 7 day window from your nominated start date.

I bought tickets from a counter they showed a particular train departure but indicated they were valid as above.

If you buy on-line and print your own tickets then maybe you are stuck with a particular train because there is no way you could stuff an A4 sheet of paper in the machine which “validates” that you have used the ticket. It’s a strange system and I have not explored all it’s mysteries in practice.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 October 2019 at 20:04:42 #922745

<<“It’s a strange system and I have not explored all it’s mysteries in practice.”>>

Vive la différence.

Slowpoke

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The thread ‘Printing e-tickets from Basel SBB to Colmar’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.