Basel to Vitra design museum: passport control?

• Martin9837
    Participant
    8 posts
    30 March 2023 at 7:46:11 #829451

Has anyone ever crossed the border from Basel to the Vitra design museum in Weil am Rhein, Gemany?

I can see how to get there online, just wondering if there may be any delays at the border (UK passports), or if people usually just sail through without having passports checked? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2363 posts
    30 March 2023 at 15:12:54 #952787

Hello Martin9837,

My understanding is there is no permanent passport control. There could however be spot custom control checks.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

(I have crossed other swiss/german borders and have never been held up or been asked for identification)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2023 at 22:16:46 #952788

Switzerland is in the Schengen area. There are no passport checks between Switzerland and any of its neighbouring countries (all also in the Schengen area.)

Anna
    6382 posts
    31 March 2023 at 7:25:00 #952789

Hi Martin9837,

You can take a tram to Weil am Rhein then switch to a bus. There won’t be any passport control.

More sightseeing options in Basel here: http://www.myswissalps.com/basel/activities

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Basel to Vitra design museum: passport control?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.