Bernese Oberland Trip

• vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    8 December 2014 at 16:12:28 #806754

I was in Switzerland this summer and posted a trip report after getting excellent advice in this forum .I plan to go back this summer in June for 4 days and get a 4 day BO pass ,since I stayed in Wengen last time ,plan to stay in Grindelwald this time .Need some help regarding itenerary please .

Will be landing in Zurich from Prague at about 11 am plan to take the train right away to Grindelwald stay there for 3 nights and then spend one night in Interlaken before going back to Zurich .

I have already seen Wengen ,Murren ,Lauterbrunnen so Ill just be in Grindelwald this time .My family loves hiking so looking for some great hikes

questions

1) what would be a good hike from First ?Bachalpsee .I think Schynige Platte too long a walk in the short time we have

2) Hikes in/around Grindelwald itself

3) Hike from Kleine Scheidegg along Eiger ,is it then possible to catch train to Jungfraouch from the station beyond Kleine Scheidegg (I went to Jungfraouch but it was snowing so I want to go again )

4) In Interlaken plan to take a cruise to Brienze on Lake Brienze ,stop at Giessbach ,take funicular to hotel and see falls ,then take Brienzer Rothorn and then come back to Interlaken by train .also see Harder Kulm .Im not sure if we can fit in the open air museum at Ballenberg or Reichenbach falls at Meiringen with all that

5) Where and when can I purchase the BO pass for June 2015

6) Would you suggest any change in itenerary .Any suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks

Vik

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 December 2014 at 6:26:44 #841391

Hi Vik,

Good to see you back here, it’s great that you plan a second visit!

1) 2) Hiking suggestions can be found on the Grindelwald page. First to Bachsee and back is wonderful and easy, and so is First to Grosse Scheidegg. First via Bachsee to Bussalp is a bit longer (not listed on the page), and First to Schynige Platte is indeed a long full day hike. From Alpiglen down to Grindelwald is great too, but a lot of descending!

Note that higher trails can still be snow covered in June, so be sure to check that.

3) You could walk from Kleine Scheidegg to the Eigergletscher and take the train to Jungfraujoch there. If you want to walk closely along the Eiger North face you should look into the Eiger Trail.

4) That day is filled up with the three sites you’ve planned. The Open Air Museum would take a full day.

5) You can do so through our pass page when you’re ready. Please check that page for the purchase options.

6) I would not move to Interlaken for one night. Changing hotels takes lots of time and Interlaken is only 30 minutes traveling from Grindelwald.

Did you know that you won a hotel voucher for submitting your trip report last Summer (see here)? I e-mailed you three times to check where I could sent it but did not receive a reply. I need a working e-mail address to send the voucher. Can you check the e-mail address in your account and change it to a working one? Once that is fixed I can still send you the voucher. Hopefully it comes in handy for your next trip!

vikicork
    Participant
    44 posts
    10 December 2014 at 2:57:30 #841392

Thanks Arno

Your suggestions are excellent and I think ill stay in Grindelwald for 4 nights and not in Interlaken.

I get emails often from the web site but

I changed my email in the account .Thanks for the voucher

I will try and use it this summer .

Vik

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 December 2014 at 7:13:34 #841393

Hi Vik,

Thanks for changing your e-mail address. I received your e-mail this morning and just replied with the hotel voucher attached. I hope you can make good use of it next Summer.

Our e-mails to your other e-mail address may have ended up in your spam folder. There are quite some e-mail providers with very aggressive spam filters which also block legitimate messages by mistake. I’ve seen that happen with Yahoo mail as well. Usually it helps to white-list a sender you want to receive e-mail from. Well, I’m glad it’s solved now!

• The thread ‘Bernese Oberland Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.