Is Bernina Express better than Glacier Express?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2017 at 11:13:16 #812376

Hello

I am back from my swiss trip and thank you guys for your wonderful advice.

My cousin is planning is 6 days trip in august arriving and departing from zurich

is bernia epxress better than glacier express? we did andermatt to chur on glacier express this may and it was ok.

Please help me with the best scenic train ride. Also, is it worth visiting zermatt in august?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 June 2017 at 18:10:04 #865652

Hi Snehap,

I’m glad to hear our advice has been useful! The Glacier Express and Bernina Express are both wonderful I think. Perhaps one can say that the Bernina Express offers more variety in a shorter trip. You and your cousin can compare both options here:

myswissalps.com/ berninaexpress

myswissalps.com/ glacierexpress

Zermatt is great for hiking in August (if the weather is good). Definitely worth it for that, and for the views.

myswissalps.com/ zermatt

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 June 2017 at 7:21:05 #865653

Hi Snehap,

I enjoyed the Bernina better than the Glacier Express. You can read my trip reports here https://goo.gl/K9hHfR and here https://goo.gl/LTkZjT.

By August I guess there will be less snow about on either route.

• The thread ‘Is Bernina Express better than Glacier Express?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.