Bernina Express – 1 day return to Lucerne?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2017 at 14:02:17 #813264

How we will do bernina express tour from Lucerne in 1 day n return to Lucerne at evening ? Or we will stay at evening at lugano or chiasso my next day trip to italy.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2017 at 17:33:01 #869821

Hi Agrawal,

I would suggest staying the night in Tirano at the end of the Bernina Express as you are already in Italy – no point going back to Lucerne to then go to Italy the next day. You could also continue on to Milan for example on that day – I’m not sure where your first stay in Italy is though.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2017 at 5:45:32 #869822

My next day trip to venice. Pls suggest me how we will do bernina express frm Lucerne.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 September 2017 at 5:50:39 #869823

Hi Agrawal,

Maybe if you could give us a clearer picture of your day by day itinerary it will be easier to provide advice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2017 at 5:58:49 #869824

I have total 7 days in Switzerland. My first day in geneva then i think 3 days in Interlaken n 3 days in Lucerne n on 8th day go to venice.pls suggest me any change i will change

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 September 2017 at 6:30:43 #869825

OK so it looks like if you definitely want to do the Bernina Express then your best bet would be to stay overnight at Tirano or Lugano before continuing on to Venice in day 8. It doesn’t make sense wasting one of your days in Luzern by trying to do the Bernina Express and get back to Luzern.

To get to Lugano you would need to catch the Bernina Express from Chur departing 8:32. Then the Bernina Express bus to Lugano. In order to catch the train you would need to leave Luzern at 06:10 am. Are you up for that?

If you don’t want to stay overnight somewhere then if you get the early train from Luzern you can connect from there to Venice but it is still an over 5 hour trip via Milan. That would work if your are up for a very long travel day.

The other alternative is to go from Luzern to Chur at a more civilised time and then take regular trains on the Bernina Express route, stay overnight at Tirano then on to Venice the next day.

You really need to check the SBB timetable to see what would work for you – look at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable The Bernina Express is denoted as BEX on the timetable.

You need to make reservations on the Bernina Express here http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#cart

• The thread ‘Bernina Express – 1 day return to Lucerne?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.