Bernina Express St. Moritz to Lugano reservations

Bernina Express St. Moritz to Lugano reservations

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Cpmcrn
Cpmcrn
2 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 3:21 AM

I plan to take the Bernina Express from St. Moritz to Lugano. I was able to make a seat reservation for the bus trip from Tirano to Lugano. I am under the impression that I also have to make a seat reservation for the Bernina Express panoramic train. However, I could not find the link within the Rhb website. Please help.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3733 posts
expert
Mar 18, 2018 - 4:07 AM in reply to Cpmcrn

Hello Cpmcrn,

For timetables and link to bookings see www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#info

Depending on what time you are travelling you may not find a connection direct from St Moritz to Tirano in the timetable. In that case you need to get a regular train or bus from St Moritz to Pontresina in order to connect with the BEX which departs Chur at 8:32 and Pontresina at 10:22.

Cpmcrn
Cpmcrn
2 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 11:16 AM

Thank you Rockoyster.

I can now see the option to take the panoramic train from Pontresina. So, I will take the regular train from St. Moritz to Pontresina. From Pontresina, I will take the panoramic express train departing at 10:22 to Tirano. Then from Tirano, take the express bus to Lugano.

Thank you so much again for all the help and prompt response.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018