Bernina Express station in Tirano

• adoo
    Participant
    14 posts
    1 June 2022 at 6:43:28 #827376

Hello, a quick question please, can you tell me the name of the station that the Bernina express arrives and departs in Tirano.

Many Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Adoa

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 7:52:10 #942685

Hi Adoa and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

Tirano is not a big city, there are 2 train stations, and they are 50 m apart (so they are almost 1 train station). You just have to cross a small square.

Ildiko

Learn more about the Bernina Express: http://www.myswissalps.com/berninaexpress

adoo
    Participant
    14 posts
    1 June 2022 at 8:11:20 #942686

Hi IIdiko, thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ for your prompt reply, is the station called Porta Susa, the reason I am asking is to book a hotel close to the station.

Kind regards

Adoo

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 8:24:00 #942687

Hi Adoo,

no. Porta Susa is in Torino (that s a big city). If you are taking the Bernina Express, you are going to Tirano, not to Torino.

Look here for accommodation in Tirano and use the map to see the hotels near the train station: https://www.hotelscombined.com/Place/Tirano.htm

This is the railway station you are looking for: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tirano_railway_station_(RhB) I do not think it has any special name.

Ildiko

adoo
    Participant
    14 posts
    1 June 2022 at 8:28:37 #942688

Hi IIdiko.

Many Thanks for that clarification. You saved us a big inconvenience. Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ also for the links for the accommodation.

kind regards

Adop

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 8:33:31 #942689

I am glad. I know, these names look quite similar.

Let us know if you need further advice. If you are staying for at least a few days in Switzerland, make sure to have a rail pass. If you choose the right pass, even Bernina Express will be free with it. You only need to reserve your seats.

Take care,
    Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2022 at 9:12:13 #942690

The railway stations (Bernina Railway to Switzerland) and Trenitalia (main line railway to Milano) are next to each other in the centre of Tirano.

The Hotel Bernina is a nice hotel right near the stations.

adoo
    Participant
    14 posts
    1 June 2022 at 10:58:43 #942691

Ok will do IIdiko, once we get dates sorted out.

cheers

Adoo

adoo
    Participant
    14 posts
    1 June 2022 at 11:47:34 #942692

Thank you 1960 man, much appreciated.

cheers

Adoo

• The thread โ€˜Bernina Express station in Tiranoโ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.