Bernina Express in January – what do you think?

• bat23
    Participant
    24 posts
    30 November 2015 at 5:49:46 #808157

What do you think about the following route at the end of January. The pount is to enjoy views both directions with panoramic windows and still have time to visit nice places.

• 09:04-10:22 from Pontresina to Poschiavo with Bernina Panorama Winter
    • 12:23-13:00 from Poschiavo to Tirano with SBB regular train
    • 14:26-16:16 from Tirano to Pontresina with Bernina Express.

What do you think? Will i have time to see Poschiavo (maybe early lunch?) and Tirano or better spend all the time in one place? When it gets darken?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 December 2015 at 9:43:27 #847112

Hi bat23,

I think this is a very nice day trip. Poschiavo and Tirano are pretty small towns, so you can explore them on foot. I’m not sure if there are restaurants open for lunch that early, so be sure to look into that. It gets dark around 5:30 PM.

• The thread ‘Bernina Express in January – what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.