Bernina express with 2nd class swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2012 at 15:49:38 #805187

Do I need to make seat reservations for travelling in Bernina express with 2nd class swiss pass? We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids aged 13 and 11 and plan to take the Bernina express roundtrip from Chur to Tirano and back.

How much do seat reservations cost in USD?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 April 2012 at 9:17:01 #835843

Hi napp6. Yes, you should arrange for your seat reservation. You can do so by filling out your country of residence in the upper right corner of the seat reservation page, or alternatively click the right Bernina Express link under the header ‘How to purchase railway seat reservations ‘ at the same page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 12:07:59 #835844

Thanks Annika for your prompt response!

However, the seat reservation at rail europe, the link you provided, does not work.

I was able to finally book the Bernina Express seats at http://www.rhb.ch Very effecient website.

I was very dissappointed with the rail europe online reservation website. It can be very misleading.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2012 at 11:11:27 #835845

Hi napp6,

The RhB site is indeed a good one. The Rail Europe seat reservation page may have had a temporary problem. I currently see available Bernina Express seats for pass holders there. The only thing that’s a bit weird is that the system marks that train as a bus. It’s really a train you’d book there though. Anyway, good to hear that you completed your booking!

• The thread ‘Bernina express with 2nd class swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.