Bernina route questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2012 at 19:04:43 #805002

Hi,

I’m planning to do the Bernina route on normal trains, early morning. rail.ch shows me a timetable where I’ll be able to go till Poschiavo, but then take the bus onwards to Tirano.

1) If I buy a standard ticket from Chur to Poschiavo, it will be valid for all trains on the route (i.e, I can hop on and off trains?)
    2) How do I pay for the bus(if I decide to stick to the suggested schedule), at the point of departure?
    3) Is the bus route from Poschiavo to Tirano the same as the train route, or will I be missing a lot?
    4) Can the bus wndows be rolled down, so I could take pictures?

Thanks so very much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 March 2012 at 15:12:57 #835120

Hi kc0793,

If the timetable suggests a bus, you can normally just use that bus with your rail ticket to Tirano. I guess this is a train replacement bus because of maintenance on the railroad or because you’re traveling when there are only a few passengers. The route is nearly identical. I don’t know about the windows.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 March 2012 at 16:53:14 #835121

Thanks Arno

• The thread ‘Bernina route questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.