Best cheese fondue/other restaurants in Zermatt?

• Angielee396
    Participant
    14 posts
    15 September 2022 at 15:05:31 #828349

We are in Zermatt now. Where should we have dinner??? Ate at Lusi last night. Amazing!!! Would like some cheese fondue and whatever else. Suggestions??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2022 at 16:22:29 #946949

Walliserkanne, in the central section of the main street, you can’t miss it

It’s been my favourite for years

MySwissAlps.com recommends reading this: Must knows about Swiss food

Angielee396
    Participant
    14 posts
    15 September 2022 at 16:56:19 #946950

Thank you. Will head there.

MarieD
    Participant
    8 posts
    16 September 2022 at 20:06:45 #946951

We ate at Grampi’s. It was the best Italian food and service was fantastic We got in without a reservation but I think we were lucky. It was very busy

Anna
    6279 posts
    17 September 2022 at 5:42:42 #946952

Hi,

You might want to try Swiss Chalet Zermatt on Bahnhofstrasse 18. Never tried the fondue but the place looks so cosy and interesting from the outside.

Regards,

Anna

Danielsan
    Participant
    628 posts
    17 September 2022 at 8:33:42 #946953

Hi Angielee396,

I have been a cook (not a chef, mind you, but a cook) for forty years. I realize ones palate is different on every human being. That being said, try the Zermatterstubli. Its located maybe a quarter mile or so from the train station, (heading south) on the Bahnhofstrasse. It’s the restaurant at the Hotel Darioli. I had my first cheese fondue there and it was excellent. There is a ‘finer’ restaurant located in the back, but I had a fantastic fondue in the ‘front’, after a day of hiking and such. It was both fantastic, and not so expensive. I believe that if one comes out of a restaurant happy, then it was a good place to eat. There are tons of places to eat there. I hope this gets to you are still there…. Another place is right across from the Gornergrat train station. Viktoria, about a hundred meters or so, down on the right, (on Getwingstrasse). Nice quaint place to go into. I believe one of the ‘unsung hero’s’ of the Swiss is their cuisine. It is surrounded by three of the hugely (if that’s a word) popular cuisines in the world, and presented just as beautifully. Again, I hope you read this while still there. Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

Regards,

Danielsan

• The thread ‘Best cheese fondue/other restaurants in Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.