About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Best Mont Saleve hikes with a dog
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Best Mont Saleve hikes with a dog

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
lavalavi23
lavalavi23
2 posts
Sep 2, 2020 - 9:36 AM

Hi there! A friend and I are planning to go hike in Mont Saleve next weekend. We have never been there before so we’re hoping that someone can help us out. We will get there with public transportation from Geneva. Our idea is to hike up, spend some time at the top and then take the telepherique down. Or is it better to take the telepherique up and hike down?

We are also unsure about which path to take. We are both fit but not experienced hikers, and we will take my dog so the path has to be safe for him. I understand that there are three main ways up: the Grande Gorge, Sentiere de la Corraterie and Sentier d’Orjobet. We’re looking for a path with nice views and possibly some particularly interesting parts (the Grotte d’Orjobet seems nice, and does any of the paths go through something like this? images.app.goo.gl/Vr92qW7eSGd67goEA ). Thanks in advance for the help.

1960man
1960man
2742 posts
top member
Sep 2, 2020 - 10:08 PM in reply to lavalavi23

You can hike up and down the Salève. The hike is fairly easy. I've seen people walking up the Salève in trainers and even sandals.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1022 posts
top member &
Sep 3, 2020 - 11:17 AM in reply to lavalavi23

Hi Lavalavi23 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Usually I hike from up to down as we hike with small children and it is easier for them but sometimes it can be challenging as well if it is too steep. Make sure to take your walking boots with you.

I haven't been at Salève so far, so I have no personal experience. But found this one for you, it might help you: thingstodoingeneva.ch/a-guide-to-hiking-up-the-saleve/

If you are interested, you'll find more activity tips in and around Geneva at www.myswissalps.com/geneva/activities.

Safe hiking!

Ildiko

Also check this one for more information on hiking in Switzerland: www.myswissalps.com/hiking

lavalavi23
lavalavi23
2 posts
Sep 4, 2020 - 6:01 AM

Thank you both for the replies :)

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020