Best of Switzerland in 2 days with low budget

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2016 at 16:44:23 #810313

Hi. we will be travelling to Switzerland on 26 and 27 of March 2017. we have only 2 days and want to explore best of Switzerland. we would like to visit Alps and nearby places. I have heard interleken and Zurich are a good options. could you please suggest good and low budget options

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    6 November 2016 at 12:13:19 #856924

Hi arrpita, welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you’re most interested in the Alps, I’d skip Zurich if I were you and head for Interlaken or a nearby town straight away. You’ll find lots of information about this region here: myswissalps.com/jungfr auregion. Note that the end of March is near the end of the ski season, so carefully check dates for cable cars and other trips you may be interested in.

Budget hotels are listed at myswissalps.com/hotels /budget. Further tips on how to save money can be found at myswissalps.com/plantr ip/doityourself/savemo ney. You may also explore our general planning section: myswissalps.com/plantr ip/doityourself.

I hope this gest you started!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 November 2016 at 16:14:16 #856925

Hi Arrpita –

Annika has given you a very good lead…skip the cities and head for the Alps.

However, many of the cable cars that run for skiers and permit access to higher elevations for scenery may shut down in late march.

Use the time table and a map to check some of the options mentioned in the Jungfrau link that Annika has sent you.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

map.search.ch/?pos=648896,172928&z=4

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 November 2016 at 19:01:13 #856926

Hi Arpitta – if for some reason, such as wether, suggests that Interlaken is not the place to b, take a look at Luzern. Great for first time visitors:

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 November 2016 at 22:25:00 #856927

Oops-

needed to fix the spelling –

“weather’ not “wether.”

Also, “be” not “b.”.

Sorry about that

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Best of Switzerland in 2 days with low budget’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.