Best ordering option for non-email Swiss passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2018 at 17:02:21 #814751

hai,

As I am planning to buy swiss travel flex pass & tell pass winter online from India, print at home option is not available.

what is the best option for me? airport collection or direct purchase from SBB ticket shop?

If so at airport, will I have to wait for long time to collect/validate the pass?

Please give me reply as soon as possible, my journey is planned on 29th March.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 1:45:51 #878721

>> what is the best option for me? airport collection or direct purchase from SBB ticket shop?

Either would do, but ordering in advance for airport collection might entail an additional fee.

If you order for airport collection, they will email you a voucher to exchange for your ordered passes and a PDF map with directions for finding the collection point, which is usually the Airport Information Service Centre.

Either way, you will need to make sure you are arriving during opening hours of the SBB ticket office, or the Airport Information Service Centre.

>> If so at airport, will I have to wait for long time to collect/validate the pass?

No one can tell you that in advance. It will depend on time of day and other unpredictable factors. When I picked up a Tell-Pass at the airport in August 2016 (having arrived at 8:30am), I only had to wait a few minutes in the queue. At other times, it could easily be longer. It is just as likely that there will be queues at the SBB ticket office.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 4:07:50 #878722

Thanks for your kind response

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 March 2018 at 7:05:47 #878723

Hi Vijuchuchu,

Shipping isn’t always paid. It depends on where you buy, where you live and sometimes on the order amount. If it’s free, the only disadvantage is that it takes longer than at home printing, but at least you can skip the queue at the ticket office after arrival.

In your case, India, you could either go to the ticket office at the airport, or have both passes delivered for CHF 25 via http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Ordering online and collecting at the airport is only CHF 15, but you would still have to visit the ticket office. The transaction will be quicker though, as the order is already complete and paid for.

You can find more purchase options here:

Have a wonderful trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 10:35:12 #878724

Thanks Arno,

I will order Swiss travel flexi pass through online n collect at airport. Buy tell pass at Lucerne station.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 March 2018 at 10:40:38 #878725

You wouldn’t want to waste a day on your flex pass just going from Zurich to Lucern (if that’s what you had in mind).

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 March 2018 at 11:37:13 #878726

You’re welcome! In that case you might as well order along the Tell Pass. That saves you the time of going to another ticket office in Lucerne. The fee is the same anyway, as long as everything is in one order. The start dates of the passes can be different according to your needs.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 12:51:31 #878727

On the day of arrival 29/03, will use the flex pass from Zurich to Lucerne, plan for lake Lucerne after dropping the luggages, that’s it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2018 at 16:45:02 #878728

hai,

i extend my special thanks to Arno, Rockoyster & Alpenrosse for your kind suggestion & timely information.

i have booked swiss travel flex pass & regional tell pass in one order, with airport collection.

regards

vijuchuchu

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 March 2018 at 19:04:03 #878729

Have a wonderful trip Vijuchuchu!

• The thread ‘Best ordering option for non-email Swiss passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.