best pass to chose

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 July 2014 at 19:46:37 #840650

Hi Arno / Annika,

As Iam travelling from germany to swiss (visit), I would like to know if I can withdraw swiss francs in any ATM in Basel SBB using Deutsche bank (german bank) debit card (Maestro) that I have…..

I guess, I should get swiss francs in hand at once (based on self estimations of my stay in swiss for 4 days) …Iam in doubt that weather deutsche bank (german bank) maestro debit card is usable or not….

Thank you in advance,

Annika
    7124 posts
    17 July 2014 at 5:58:11 #840651

Hi kbats,

That should be no problem at all. I have a non-Swiss Maestro debit card myself and it works about everywhere, also to pay in supermarkets. It’s convenient to have some cash at hand, but don’t have to much either. You should be able to pay with your card in most places.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The thread ‘best pass to chose’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.