Rail pass for 5 days Interlaken/Jungfrau

• JanShields
    Participant
    4 posts
    22 January 2017 at 17:13:15 #810637

Hi,

My husband and I along with our 2 daughters aged 19 and 17 are flying into and out of Zurich from 17th-21st April 2017. I’m confused which would be the best travel pass to buy. Whilst in Interlaken we would like to do the following:-

Travel to Jungfraujoch

Harder Kulm and possibly a boat trip

Possibly First but we are open to suggestions if anyone can give us other ideas.

Would it be cheaper to buy transfer tickets for our airport transfers plus a Jungfrau 3 day travel pass? Or would it be cheaper to buy a 4 day Swiss Flexi travel pass to cover both of our airport transfers and 2 of the 3 days we are in Interlaken.

Many thanks

Jan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2017 at 7:20:31 #858350

Hi Jan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It would be best for you to read through our page on how to choose a Swiss rail pass.

There you can find links to all the different rail passes, their prices and how to buy them online.

Also a link for regular point to point tickets is there to find standard pricing. You will also find an excel document to help you do the math and see which pass will offer the best value.

Here is the page for links on all the Swiss rail passes with prices and purchasing websites.

I haven’t had a lot of personal experience in the Jungfrau region but our information page may help you decide. Other members I’m sure can advise you with their personal thoughts.

Cheers!
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Rail pass for 5 days Interlaken/Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.