Best Restaurants in Zurich, Lucerne, Spiez

Best Restaurants in Zurich, Lucerne, Spiez

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
nidhi1213
nidhi1213
5 posts
Apr 12, 2017 - 7:33 AM

Hi!!!!

I am a big foodie and relish local cuisine but no beef....

Can I get the list for good food and pocket friendly list of places in Zurich Lucerne and Spiez

also list Any Local Specilaties also in these areas.

Thanks and looking for mouth watering options!!!!!!

dayhikers
dayhikers
4 posts
Apr 12, 2017 - 3:59 PM

Two recommendations:. Didi's Frieden, very good, on the expensive side but worth it. Reservation a must. Also Haus Hiltl, vegetarian restaurant open since 1898. Expansive buffet, charges by weight, but reasonable.

Lucas
Lucas
3080 posts
expert &
Apr 12, 2017 - 5:48 PM in reply to dayhikers

It will be very hard to find "pocket friendly" restaurants in Switzerland!

I can give you a few recommendations in Zurich that I have been to:

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 12, 2017 - 7:39 PM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3610 posts
expert
Apr 12, 2017 - 10:33 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas...can't seem to reply to Nidhi.

The absolutely best food in Luzern is usually at the Palace Hotel. Dress well, and bring lot and lots of Swiss Franks. And, then , lots more CHF. Did I say expensive?

Switzerland is a sophisticated country, small. close knit, with excellent communication networks. If there is a restaurant that has not fine-tuned it's prices to match the quality, I'd be amazed.

A way to judge restaurant quality, perhaps one cut below the Michelin Guide Rouge ( which is the most reliable and "official" authority; buy it when you arrive or check on line) are Gault-Millau points. I have never checked their website (if the have one) but they are good at rating restaurants, cover a lot of places, and when I have eaten at restaurants that they review, I agree with their ratings.

Slowpoke

nidhi1213
nidhi1213
5 posts
Apr 13, 2017 - 7:11 AM

Thank you for the replies

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017