Best rail pass to use from Lake Brienz area

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lucas
Lucas
10238 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2018 - 7:38 PM in reply to Denandshazza

Sounds great. Look forward to your trip report! :)

Busybee
Busybee
3 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 9:30 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas, do you have to print a train pass or can you have it in your phone? (Apple Wallet?)

1960man
1960man
913 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:03 PM

It may be too late but the hard copy book 'Switzerland without a car' by Anthony Lambert would give you all the detail you need on travelling on the Swiss public transport system. I note from a well known online retail source that the latest edition is quite up to date - published last Autumn

I would be able to give the same detail but I can't do that in short here as I know so much about all the railways that it would take up too much space!

Suffice to say just study maps and timetables and go wherever you want - its all scenic (yes even the lower altitude parts of Switzerland...)

Last modified on Jun 10, 2018 - 10:04 PM by 1960man
1960man
1960man
913 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:13 PM in reply to Denandshazza

I wouldn't drive to Luzern to start a railway day trip. Best to drive to Meiringen and start from there.

A good use of the car would be a drive up the Susten Pass. I don't think it is fully open yet but is open on the Bernese Oberland side (Meiringen) as far as the spectacular Stein Glacier - one of my favourite spots in the Alps:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Steingletscher

If I were you I'd leave the Bernina until another holiday ( for example a trip based in the Graubünden canton)

Lucas
Lucas
10238 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2018 - 5:50 AM in reply to Busybee

Hi Busybee,

The rail passes must be printed unfortunately.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Get an account

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019