Best rail pass to use from Lake Brienz area

Best rail pass to use from Lake Brienz area

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lucas
Lucas
8012 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2018 - 7:38 PM in reply to Denandshazza

Sounds great. Look forward to your trip report! :)

Busybee
Busybee
3 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 9:30 PM in reply to Lucas

Lucas, do you have to print a train pass or can you have it in your phone? (Apple Wallet?)

1960man
1960man
474 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:03 PM

It may be too late but the hard copy book 'Switzerland without a car' by Anthony Lambert would give you all the detail you need on travelling on the Swiss public transport system. I note from a well known online retail source that the latest edition is quite up to date - published last Autumn

I would be able to give the same detail but I can't do that in short here as I know so much about all the railways that it would take up too much space!

Suffice to say just study maps and timetables and go wherever you want - its all scenic (yes even the lower altitude parts of Switzerland...)

Last modified on Jun 10, 2018 - 10:04 PM by 1960man
1960man
1960man
474 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:13 PM in reply to Denandshazza

I wouldn't drive to Luzern to start a railway day trip. Best to drive to Meiringen and start from there.

A good use of the car would be a drive up the Susten Pass. I don't think it is fully open yet but is open on the Bernese Oberland side (Meiringen) as far as the spectacular Stein Glacier - one of my favourite spots in the Alps:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Steingletscher

If I were you I'd leave the Bernina until another holiday ( for example a trip based in the Graubünden canton)

Lucas
Lucas
8012 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2018 - 5:50 AM in reply to Busybee

Hi Busybee,

The rail passes must be printed unfortunately.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018