Boat cruise from Geneva to Lausanne in evening

Boat cruise from Geneva to Lausanne in evening

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Rakubha
Rakubha
14 posts
Jun 14, 2018 - 10:53 PM

Hi,

I am going for a day trip to Geneva from Bern on Jun 28 (Thursday) . Found out that there is Boat/Cruize from Geneva to Lausanne (3 Hrs.). Instead of taking Geneva Bay tour thinking take this trip so cover lake and pick at Lausanne and take train from Lausanne to Bern. I search in time table and nothing come up. If anyone know which one to take and share information would be greatly appreciated.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4740 posts
expert
Jun 15, 2018 - 12:18 AM in reply to Rakubha

Hi Rakhuba -

<<"I search in time table and nothing come up. If anyone know which one to take and share information would be greatly appreciated.">>

Perhaps you did not read the instructions here:

www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Please read the instructions page carefully, and use the advanced timetable and choose boats.

Slowpoke

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jun 15, 2018 - 5:40 AM in reply to Rakubha

Hi Rakubha,

Use the following site for best results for boat trips on Lac Léman (Lake Geneva):

www.cgn.ch/en/

Alpenrose

Last modified on Jun 15, 2018 - 5:41 AM by Removed user
Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Jun 15, 2018 - 10:09 AM

Hello Rakubha,

That's a really long cruise, it takes close to 4 hours. I think the only departures from Geneva are 10:15 and 14:20. The second one may suit your plans. It arrives in Lausanne (Ouchy) at 18:02. From there you'd take the subway (metro) up to the train station.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018