Boat travel from Luzern to Ennetburgen, Post

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2016 at 22:50:03 #808481

Hello!

Does anyone know if there is a way to travel via boat from Luzern to Ennetburgen, Post? I think the train/bus combination takes about 25-30 minutes, but the boat trip would be more scenic, I would think (if one exists). If such a thing exists, what website would I use to research fares?

Thanks!!!

John

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 February 2016 at 2:05:34 #848681

Hi John-

When are you going? Boat schedules vary a lot by season. Check the proper schedule in the following link –

http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/

This will get you startednto copare trains, buses, etc.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

A map will be useful.

map.search.ch/..Ennetb %C3%BCrgen,Abendweg-3?z=128&poi=haltestelle, zug

The boat pier is Ennetbürgen, See. (“See” translates as “lake.”)

Hope that helps?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2016 at 2:11:04 #848682

Hi Slowpoke, Thanks for the response here and my other thread – very kind of you. I’ll be there on July 25. I can easily take the train then bus, but I figure a boat ride would be more fun. I’ll research using the links you provided. Thanks again! Best,John

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 February 2016 at 2:29:18 #848683

John-

Should be possible in July. Not all boats go into that area…Check the timetable for the lake boats.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Boat travel from Luzern to Ennetburgen, Post’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.