Boat trip lake Brienz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2010 at 23:56:26 #803756

Hello to everyone.

I’d like to pose a question on my planned boat tripe on Lake Brienz (Interlaken-Brienz and back). I intend to make my journeys with a 2nd class Swiss Pass, as I understand that 2nd class train carriages are quite luxury in Switzerland. I don’t know what to choose for this boat trip though, as a friend told me that boat rides can be pretty crowded in high season – my stay in the Alps is planned mid July. Can a 1st class upgrade ticket for the boat prevent me from a crowded deck? And what, other than a more quiet seat, are the differences between 1st and 2nd class on Brienz boats? Thank you for your suggestions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2010 at 3:04:15 #831055

For starters: the boat trip you are planning is beautiful! If I were you, I would upgrade my ticket. Less people, more space, a higher place to look around you and service from the boat’s kitchen. On some boats you will even find sun decks. For me, it’s worth the cost. I hope this answer helps you a little bit!

Thomas

Annika
    7121 posts
    7 April 2010 at 12:23:35 #831056

Dear Mr Edwards, I would agree with Thomas: in high season 2nd class decks on the boats at lake Brienz and lake Thun can be very crowded. If you want to enjoy your boat trip and if don’t want to worry about finding a seat, upgrading your ticket would be a good option. You can purchase such an upgrade ticket before boarding. If you show your Swiss Saver Pass, you will only have to pay for the price difference between 1st and 2nd class. More information can be found at the BLS website. Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘Boat trip lake Brienz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.