Boat trip on Lake Thun with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 5:56:14 #822486

Good Evening Everyone, can you please help me, I will be arriving in Interlaken in July and I wish to do the boat trip on Lake Thun, only, do you board the boat at Interlaken and return to Interlaken by boat. I have read somewhere that this is not possible. If not can you advise me how do I return from Thun but also if I can do the return how long does it take and can you hop off along the way. I was planning on obtaining a boat ticket on arrival at Interlaken West. I am leaving Australia Friday 5th July.

Cheers lore

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:06:03 #916122

Hello Lore,

Have a look at http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakethun/gettingther e. Under “more on other websites” you will find the boat timetables. Just make sure you are looking at the summer timetables. You can go from Interlaken to Thun and back on the boat or you can go on the boat to Thun and then get a train back to Interlaken or any other permutation of routes you choose. The trains are much more frequent that boats so be sure to check the timetable if you get off a boat somewhere so you know how long until the next boat comes along.

If you have Swiss Travel Pass the boats are “free” – no tickets required.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 6:13:46 #916123

Oh great thank you for your quick response. I will check timetables and yes I do have the Swiss Travel card. thank you. lore

• The thread ‘Boat trip on Lake Thun with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.