Booked the Glacier Express for the wrong day

• Esridge
    Participant
    7 posts
    27 January 2020 at 0:54:37 #825013

Somehow I have booked the Glacier express for the wrong day, I have tried to email them on this email address:

info@glacierexpress. ch

but it won’t let me email to that address from Australia.

can you help me please?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 January 2020 at 1:28:47 #928826

Oops. Assuming you booked it from the official Glacier Express shop, be aware they can be very difficult about making changes. You may find they just tell you to make another booking for the right day. Someone else in this forum booked in the wrong class and they point blank refused to change the booking. See http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/glacier-express-wrong-tickest-ordered-refund.

I can’t see why that email address wouldn’t work from Australia. I have used that address to communicate with them from Australia and I got a response from RailCenter@mgbahn. ch so you could try that.

Or you can try as below :

Raillservice Glacier Express

Bahnhofstrasse 25

CH-7000 Chur

E-Mail:info@glacierexpress. ch

Phone:+41 (0)81 288 65 65

Let us know how you go.

I just noticed from your other thread that you plan to take the Bernina Express from St Moritz to Tirano. In March there is only one BEX departure from St Moritz at 15:11. See timetable. You can join an earlier BEX at Pontresina or just take regular train to Tirano.

Esridge
    Participant
    7 posts
    27 January 2020 at 2:48:34 #928827

Thanks for that, looks like a have gone wrong with the Bernina express as well as I booked it from St Moritz to Tirano on 29/3 at 10.48am. Had to go first class to get that earlier time.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 January 2020 at 4:00:20 #928828

The 10:48 from St Moritz is a regular train. It’s not the Bernina Express. But the good news is that in Winter they do run some Panoramic coaches on the regular trains. If you made a reservation you most likely will be in one of those. The “real” BEX departs Pontresina at 10:22am.

If the Glacier Express people won’t change your seat reservations and you don’t want to pay again then you can also cover the route (Zermatt – St Moritz via Anderrmatt) on regular trains for free with your Swiss Travel Pass. You’ll nee to change trains a couple of times.

Esridge
    Participant
    7 posts
    27 January 2020 at 7:16:29 #928829

Thanks again. I just paid for reservations for the next day. Have emailed them on the rail centre email and it has gone through. So will wait and see what they say.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2020 at 6:41:22 #928830

Hello Esdrige,

Fingers crossed that you can get the issue solved with your direct communication. You may be able to cancel and refund your order. If you succeed and want to give it a new try, you can find alternative retailers below:

http://www.myswissalps.com/glacierexpress/tickets
    http://www.myswissalps.com/berninaexpress/tickets
    http://www.myswissalps.com/aboutus/partners

Best and do keep us updated please.

Steph

Ashleyrampar
    Participant
    23 posts
    28 January 2020 at 17:22:50 #928831

Hi guys,

I am just wondering why it is very difficult in Switzerland to get refund or change the dates.

Is there any logic behind that. I am in Canada and also visit USA many times but never had any issues with refund or change the dates or even total refund.

Thanks

Annika
    7125 posts
    29 January 2020 at 6:19:57 #928832

Hi Ashelyrampar!

There are many retailers offering Swiss rail tickets and seat reservations. For tickets, most companies allow changes or cancellations, usually at a cancellation fee. The percentage varies, but quite some retailers use a 15% fee.

Seat reservation procedures are different indeed. Those can usually not be changed or refunded. I guess this is because the retailers have to put effort into arranging for the seat reservation, and again in cancelling it. I agree that a change or cancellation should be possible with a fee covering for this process, but unfortunately that’s just not how it works with Swiss seat resservations.

Ashleyrampar
    Participant
    23 posts
    29 January 2020 at 13:54:02 #928833

Thanks for the information.

Agreed as well as cancelation or change can be done with some fee sounds great.

• The thread ‘Booked the Glacier Express for the wrong day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11070 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.