Booking from Canada

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2010 at 6:07:57 #803874

I tried to book my rail travel with railtrains.raileurope.com last night and got right to the check out part and it is not set up for accepting a Canadian address, I only have a few days left to book because I leave this provience on Friday and will be travelling until early in July, I fly to Europe on the 8th and want my passes bought before then. I can’t be the only Canadian to have run into this, have I overlooked something in the program.
    Regards SA

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    22 June 2010 at 11:22:12 #831447

Hello Shirley! I’m sorry to hear that booking through railtrains.raileurope.com didn’t work out for you. This website you mention isn’t our partner site, and I don’t know what went wrong. You can best contact railtrains.raileurope.com to find out. Have you tried booking directly through our partner RailEurope? I just checked their order system for Canada and it seems to work fine. If you want to try this, get to the page of the pass you want to order (based on your previous topics, I guess it’s a Swiss Saver Pass?), and select your country Canada under the header ‘Order your… here’. Be sure to click the blue link ‘Show more countries’ to get to Canada. Then click Canada and follow the steps in the ordering procedure. Good luck!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2010 at 13:41:16 #831448

[quote]Shirley said: I tried to book my rail travel with railtrains.raileurope.com last night and got right to the check out part and it is not set up for accepting a Canadian address, I only have a few days left to book because I leave this provience on Friday and will be travelling until early in July, I fly to Europe on the 8th and want my passes bought before then. I can’t be the only Canadian to have run into this, have I overlooked something in the program.
    Regards SA[/quote]I tried another site listed under Raileurope under Canada and got in, everything is finally booked and now I can get excited….
    Thank you for all your help.

• The thread ‘Booking from Canada’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.