Breakfast timing and dress code for the mountains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2016 at 16:37:36 #810197

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information provided in my previous posts. Helped me a lot in deciding the itinerary.

I need to know what time generally buffet breakfast start in most hotels in Switzerland, as we have to decide between taking the 8 or 9 am train to Florence depending on that. If you could tell about hotel Swiss chalet in particular it would be very helpful.

Also when I looked at the Weather forecast for next week it showed temperature between 0 and 14c and predicted snow on a couple of days in Jungfraujoch, so was wondering whether it would be possible to visit Jungfraujoch and Mt Titlis if it snows and what to wear. How many layers are required and comprising what, as we are travelling from a tropical country. Thanks again.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 October 2016 at 8:51:42 #856433

Hotel Swiss Chalet, is it the name of the hotel ? What is the place of the hotel ?

Breakfast time is in every hotel different, the best you can ask the hotel by e-mail. The most hotels have breakfast from 6 or 7 o’clock.

It is autumm / winter in Switserland, and posible with rain and snow. When you go into the mountains (but also in the city…..) you must have a good warm winterjack, good warm trousers and good closed shoes.

• The thread ‘Breakfast timing and dress code for the mountains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.