Brienz Rothorn to Planalp only – worth it?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2016 at 5:02:20 #809282

Hello, we are planning on doing the Lake Brienz boat tour today from Interlaken Ost to Brienz and then taking the steam train Brienz Rothorn. At this time of year the train only goes midway to Planalp.

is it worth the trip up to only go half way?

we also are considering an easy hike – maybe a loop trail from Harder Kulm or lakeside walk from Geissbach to Iseltwald. Any comments?

thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 May 2016 at 6:37:31 #852368

Hi Wayne,

Planalp is a good place to have lunch, and one can probably do a simple walk up there as well. I don’t know the options in detail. Personally I would probably prefer the ride up to Schynige Platte. I think they open for the season today.

You can take a boat to Giessbach, see the falls, walk to Iseltwald, and take the bus to Interlaken. It’s an easy walk along the lake, very nice.

Please excuse me for the late reply. We have some technical issues right now. That’s also why you can’t reply to this message immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience, we’re working on it!

• The thread ‘Brienz Rothorn to Planalp only – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.