Brig to starting points Aletsch glacier walks

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2012 at 1:15:55 #805069

Greetings to “the Forum”! I’m trying to plan my trip from Brig to….
    1. the Bettmerhorn high pass gondola station. Have “got myself to “Bettmeralp”but am unable to find timetable[July] to travel to the Bettmerhorn[for start Glacier path walk, or unesco Bettmerhorn to Eggishorn high path]
    2.For the hike between Riederalp+Bettmeralp…from Brig-morel is it Riederalp mitte I start from? Also if I want to see Aletsch Glacier, where is a good point to leave this walk to visit this Glacier?
    Thanks for your advice:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    29 March 2012 at 7:06:54 #835371

Hello mbear12,

1. Does this webpage give you the information you are looking for?

2. I have no personal experience with this particular hike. The PDF-panoramic overview of the area may be of help. You can also look at this daytrip.

I hope other forum members can can give you more information.

Enjoy your stay

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2012 at 5:25:01 #835372

Thanks Wanderman…now realise you need to use Bettmergrat as station to access the top station Bettmerhorn when using Swiss Rail Timetable!! Loved the daytrip you suggested,however the “difficult” rating put me off…instead am leaning towards either Aletsch Glacier path[now I have worked out how to get up there!] or Fiescheralp-Riederalp trail and go up from Fiescheralp to Eggishorn for a view of the glacier. Thanks AGAIN for your info/help.

• The thread ‘Brig to starting points Aletsch glacier walks’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.